Beauty Without Fuss

Tuesday 2 March 2010

Foundation Week - Bespoke


It's foundation week here at Get Lippie, I'll be bringing you some hints and tips, and reviewing a few foundations (and the odd tinted moisturiser) from my collection for you too. If you have any questions, let me know, and I'll do my best to get back to you!

But I wanted to start the week off by mentioning Cosmetics a la Carte.  A lot has been written lately about the demise of Prescriptives, and people have been bemoaning that they're not able to get custom-blended foundations any more.

Well, Cosmetics a la Carte are, arguably, the company who Prescriptives got the idea of "bespoke" cosmetics from in the first place, and they've had a bespoke service for over 30 years! I had the pleasure of chatting to Lynne, the company's founder, a couple of weeks ago and was bowled over by her commitment to cosmetics and her enthusiasm for makeup in the first place.  I had a makeover from them, and loved their choice of items, too!

Cosmetics a la Carte will custom-blend your foundation to your perfect shade, in the format of your choice, matte, powder, satin or all of the above, if you so wish.  And best of all, none of that silly colour-matching nonsense with the yellow/red/blue and orange pencils, which only ever worked in proper daylight (and, not ever, in department store lighting), and was entirely dependent on the whim of the sales assistant in the first place ...

But I digress, if you want a bespoke foundation, Cosmetics a la Carte are the place to go, and the prices start at £45 for a foundation.  Take a look at the website, for more details, you can find it here

I'll be reviewing my foundation from them later in the week.

Do you have anything you'd like to see featured in Foundation Week?
Share:

2 comments

  1. Those à la carte foundation sound a bit pricy initially but for me, face foundation is the most important aspect in makeup. I usually don’t bother at all with mascara, eyeshadow, lips stuff (not even lip balm) on a DAILY basis (Going out and evening is a different matter, and I love playing with makeup then, false lashes, and so on) but the minimum I need to do to feel confident enough to walk out the door every day would be to put a foundation on my face.

    With your expertise in makeovers, I would love to know what you recommend for a dry ageing skin, colour a bit like NC20 and for a medium to full coverage. Also, I am curious to know, after watching countless videos, whether all skins need to powder after foundation application to make it set. Surely if I powder after, I will get a drier finish, if my skin is dry to start with, no?
    What do people mean when they say 'the foundation slides across?'

    Ideally, (this a crazy dream of mine) I would love any knowledge you’d have for a shade correspondence of between the brands that you have used, e.g

    Mac NC 20 = Revlon Colorstay (between 220 and 320) or something like that etc….
    What shade are yourself?
    Can't wait to read your review about a la carte cosmetics.

    thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definately going to keep reading, I'm desperate for a new foundation and look forward to your recommendations x x

    Big Fashionista

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, I love hearing from you!

© Get Lippie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig