Beauty Without Fuss

Friday 30 April 2010

New hair - new lipstick!

I had a spectacularly crappy day yesterday, so getting my hair done was a real treat, here's the finished result:


Have no idea what's going on with my face there, but here's the before and after:


It's a bit darker, but more of a coppery dark than previously, the layers have been recut, and I had a fringe cut back in.  I like it so far, but I'm looking forward to seeing it in the daylight. I went to the Rush salon in Baker Street, which is a great salon, a little noisy for me after a tough old day, but my stylist Nicola was great, it was so nice to be with a hairdresser who listens!

I went a bit crazy swatching lipsticks in Selfridges afterwards, I tried ALL the Tom Fords, but, I'll be honest, I wasn't really taken with any of them. There were two - Pure Pink and Pure Coral, I think - that I might have considered, but for the price, I couldn't justify either to myself.  I really liked the new Armani pink lipstick collection though, and I think I'll be picking one of those up soon (506 and 507 really caught my eye), has anyone tried them?  I did splurge on a new Guerlain Rouge G amongst other things, I'm wearing in the top picture there, in shade 62, "Georgia", which is a lovely pink shade, but I'll show you that in a bit more depth later ... Didn't have any Rouge G's last week, and now I have two!  Pretty soon I won't be able to lift up my makeup bag ...

Can't believe how much I'm looking forward to the weekend!
Share:

5 comments

  1. Well helloo there *wiggles eyebrows*.

    Swit Swoo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the hair! I really need to find time for a trim!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second Charlie's motion! Someone's looking glam ;D

    I got my hair cut yesterday too for the first time in like... 7 months? I had all the weight cut out and it's nice to actually be able to move my head again. Haha my hair is so thick it's unreal.

    But yes! Lovely haircut, suits you much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dark color! Very sultry!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, I love hearing from you!

© Get Lippie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig