Beauty Without Fuss

Wednesday 5 November 2014

Shampoo to Sun Cream Snippets – Green and Spring, Living Nature, Murad, Nutra Nail and Trevor Sorbie

By Get Lippie Team


 Green and Spring Revitalising Exfoliating Body Wash and Body Lotion
Green and Spring Revitalising Exfoliating Body Wash is so refreshing! Minty zingy fresh. I love it. You feel like you’re really getting somewhere with this stuff, though, as with all minty bath and shower products please be careful where it ends up. You know what I’m talking about, don’t make that face. The corresponding body lotion is good too, hydrating but light and with a softer lasting fennel freshness, but the body wash is the star. Try them, they’re £22 each.



Living Nature Vitalising Exfoliant
Living Nature were kind enough to send me their Vitalising Exfoliant a little while ago. It did leave my skin soft after only 10 minutes or so, but I must admit that I probably won’t be using it again, unless I add a few drops of lavender or tea tree essential oil to it. I really didn’t like the smell of this all natural organic product. It’s probably doing the world of good and all respect to Living Nature for their no nasties ethos, but this particular product isn’t for me. Living Nature Vitalising Exfoliant is £28.






 Murad Essential-C Sun Balm Broad Spectrum SPF 35 and Sheer Lustre Day Moisturiser Broad Spectrum SPF 15
It was carnage at the Acropolis a few months back when I got burnt mistaking a hot sunny Athens day for light early morning sunshine. Luckily, I had the new Murad Essential-C Sun Balm with me. Unluckily, I didn’t use enough of it. It’s a really handy roll-on dispenser with a light non-greasy formulation. I used it on my temples, nose, lips and already pink chest. But here’s a sun worshipper’s warning; it’s very light so you need to really slather it on. My chest got very burnt ‘cause I was silly and thought the SPF factor would protect me for hours too. Remember to reapply regularly, people.


Sheer Lustre Day Moisturiser is a great summery day moisturiser with a light shimmer and SPF which would be good for this Indian Summer we seem to be having. I have very sensitive eyes, and like a lot of moisturisers with SPF, this did make my eyes water a bit, though not as badly as others have in the past. With the Essential-C Sun Balm on my temples nose and lips, this protected my face very well on a sunny day. Murad Essential-C Sun Balm Broad Spectrum SPF 35 is £19.50. Murad Sheer Lustre Day Moisturiser Broad Spectrum SPF 15 is £64.



Nutra Nail Gel Perfect 5 Minute Gel Colour
This gel nail system really looks good, the shine is lovely and there seem to be lots of great colours to try, but what I learnt was the application is really important. I did one hand really carefully and rushed the other one and found that later in the day the dodgy hand had already chipped. I was really annoyed as I loved the shine and shade of Lotus, the colour Nutra Nail sent me. Now I will say that this just doesn’t last as long as a gel manicure or a sticky sandwich*. But I think carefully applied you could probably get a bit longer than a run of the mill pharmacy brand polish. I am going to persevere and give this another go. I might even try the special gel liquid thingamagig with other my nail polishes. If you hear an explosion, call for the fire brigade. Nutra Nail Gel Perfect 5 Minute Gel Colour is £14.99


Trevor Sorbie Frizz Free Shampoo and Frizz Free Shine Oil
Because of a keratin straightening treatment on my frizzy curly hair I couldn’t use my sample of Trevor Sorbie Frizz Free Shampoo due to the Sodium Chloride. So of course, I dutifully passed it onto my sister who has very curly hair, which also tends to dryness and frizz. While the shampoo was ok, it was quite drying in comparison with her normal more moisturising shampoo, even though she used her normal intense conditioning treatment. I suspect this shampoo would be better for those with less dryness and just a touch of frizz rather than coursely textured curly hair.



I have, however, been using a sample of the Trevor Sorbie Frizz Free Shine Oil on my newly smooth locks. It’s perfect for ironing out the remains of frizz I’m occasionally left with after brushing and smells gorgeous. I will have to replace it when it’s all gone. Trevor Sorbie Frizz Free Shampoo is £5.29 and Trevor Sorbie Frizz Free Shine Oil is £7.50




This post: Shampoo to Sun Cream Snippets – Green and Spring, Living Nature, Murad, Nutra Nail and Trevor Sorbie originated at: Get Lippie All rights reserved. If you are not reading this post at Get Lippie, then this content has been stolen by a scraper
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks, I love hearing from you!

© Get Lippie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig