Beauty Without Fuss

Monday 16 March 2015

Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel


Long-time readers will know I don't always see eye-to-eye with gel-based products, usually finding them a little too harsh (many gels have an alcohol base, which my skin doesn't always appreciate.  Gin, on the other hand ...) for my stupidly sensitive and extremely prone to redness skin.  So I approached Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel very warily.


I needn't have worried, for this is a delight, not actually being a "gel" in the traditional sense at all, more like a soft oil-based balm.  It is deliciously scented with rose in a way that even my poor, tortured nose can detect, which I really like. However, Oskia products always smell delightful, I recall being happily surprised by the scent of their Micro-Exfoliant balm (sherbet lemons!) the first time I used it.   In this way, Renaissance Cleansing gel does not disappoint.


The peachy pink "gel" softens into an oil texture when massaged over dry skin, it provides great slip,  and is good for a quick massage.  It's quite a light-textured oil, and slightly sticky in use, however,  when warm water is introduced it emulsifies into a light milk, and that makes it very easy to remove from the skin with a cloth, or it is easily rinseable through splashing, if that is what you prefer.  I don't use this for makeup removal, preferring Renaissance as a morning cleanse, but I think you'd need a separate eye makeup remover with this one.

Oskia contains MSM, a sulphur-containing compound which helps with skin healing, and the cleanser further contains pumpkin AHAs, and vitamins b2, A, C, & E, alongside Starflower oil, so leaving the gel on your skin for a few minutes before rinsing will allegedly give a brightening effect, I've not tried this, as I habitually am running short on time in the mornings, but the ingredients are nourishing and good for a mild exfoliating effect, even though they will only be on your face a short time.

I'll be investigating more from Oskia, this I can tell ...

The Fine Print: A CEW Product Demonstration evening sample.

The Even Finer Print: We're not featuring full fragrance reviews on Get Lippie at the moment owing to illness - please see The Parosmia Diaries for more.


This post: Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel originated at: Get Lippie All rights reserved. If you are not reading this post at Get Lippie, then this content has been stolen by a scraper


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks, I love hearing from you!

© Get Lippie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig